Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
The sauce of this easy n tasty chicken is great over rice. If you add some steamed broccoli, your dinner is ready!
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, crumbled
- 1 cup mango chutney
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mangoes, cubed
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4" thick.
- Saute green pepper and shallots in butter.
- Add chicken.
- Saute till done.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add bouillon, mango chutney, orange juice, water and ginger.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Return chicken to skillet with cubed mango.
- Heat through.
Charishma, thank you for such a fantastic recipe (finding the mango chutney took a bit of time, but it was well worth it)! I pounded the chicken fairly thin, and followed the recipe from there. (used a bit of apricot preserves, if you dont mind). We had lemon wild rice and a lovely chocolate mousse for dessert. Thank you again! Jill
Ah yes!! A lovely, easy, elegant dish. We had several fresh mangos in the house, and I had been saving the chutney for 'something special' to use it on. This was the perfect time to use it. I loved the green onions with the mangos and the chutney added just the right spices to boost the flavors. Charishma....we really liked this dish a lot. Served with Wild Rice and Raisin Salad. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
I made this dish and my family loveeeeeed it! The only thing that I did different was to add a little pepper sauce and a tiny bit of salt. Definitely a "keeper". Thanks for posting....