Recipe by auntchelle
You wouldn't know that this is a diet-friendly recipe. It's rich and moist and very moreish with a crunchy malt surprise. Perfect with a cup of coffee or a dollop of cream for dessert. Australian measurements used.
Top Review by Lisa L.
Very good recipe and easy to make. Has a great fudge like texture, just make sure you don't leave it too long in the oven or it might be dry, and use a good quality thick yoghurt. Thanks for the recipe.
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 120 g malted milk balls (ie Maltesers, Whoppers)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 400 g low fat fromage frais, vanilla flavoured (or sub with a thick vanilla yoghurt)
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar (or cocoa powder)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C (350 deg F, Gas 4). Coat a 20x30cm lamington pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine flour, cocoa and Maltesers well, breaking any cocoa lumps.
- In a large jug thoroughly mix together the eggs, sugar, oil and frommage frais. Fold into the dry ingredients.
- Pour into prepared tin and spread evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until firm to touch. Cool in pan and then slice into 16 pieces. Dust with icing sugar or cocoa powder.