Recipe by Salt Lake Meal Swapping
Not to spicy for those little ones. Freezes Great! Super easy to prepare, and everyone loves them.
- 1 lb cooked beef or 1 lb cooked pork or 1 lb cooked chicken
- 16 ounces mild salsa
- 16 ounces refried beans (fat-free will work)
- 128 inches flour tortillas
- 1 lb four-cheese Mexican blend cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Assembly and Baking Directions: Shred chicken (or crumble ground beef). You should have about 3 cups. In bowl combine chicken, salsa, beans, and cheese.
- Place bag of tortillas in Microwave until warmed through.
- Spread out tortillas individually on a clean dry surface.
- Fill individual tortillas with 1/2 cup filling mixture.
- Fold up bottom.
- Fold in one side and squish it around the filling, and roll it up.
- Freezing and Cooking Directions: Spread out chimi's on cookie sheet and flash freeze for about two hours.
- Gather up frozen chimi's and place in gallon size freezer bag together.
- Great for individual lunches.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30-40 minute OR heat them in 1/4 inches deep oil in skillet for approximately 18 minute over med-LOW heat.
- Turn them once and watch them carefully.
- Serve with sour cream.