Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
If I knew early how easy it was to make granola bars I would have stopped buying them. The ones in the store are packed with all kinds things that you may not want in your diet. Here is a recipe that you can play with and flavor the way you want with anything you have around the house. The ingredients I chose were just what I had lying around...
- Take your Magic Bullet or Blender and pop in your soy nuts, sunflower seeds, almonds , and if you have dried fruit pop it in as well. Blend until fine with a bit of chunks.
- Then in a mixing bowl add your brown sugar, oats, and blended mix you just made with the magic bullet. Mix well.
- Personally i like to put my honey in the microwave to get it to liquid, then add it to the mix along with the eggs, vanilla ( i put alot of vanilla), and chocolate chips. Mix until you get a snicky texture.If you change the recipe here you would have to simply adjust your wet vs dry ingredients to get that same sticky texture
- Take a baking sheet and cover it with Parshemin paper and take the mix and plop it on top and with 2 spoons try and make the mix into a rectangular loaf 1/2'' high and equal all over.
- Cook at 350 for about 12 min or until sides are golden.
- Let Loaf cool off then cut as you wish, for storage the freeze really well so you can glad-wrap them for future use. Enjoy and have fun making your own.