Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very easy to put together. A salad and some crusty bread to go with it and you have a whole meal in no time!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 (8 ounce) can tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup macaroni or 1 cup other small shell pasta, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated mature cheddar cheese
- fresh ground pepper
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in milk.
- Return pan to heat and cook for 5 minutes until sauce boils and thickens.
- Keep stirring constantly with a wire whisk so that no lumps form.
- Remove from heat and add tuna, lemon juice, pasta, half the cheese and black pepper and salt to taste.
- Spoon mixture into a greased shallow oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180*C) for 20 mins or until cheese melts and the top is golden brown.
Thanks for a nice recipe, though I have to admit to adding peas, corn and red capsicum to your recipe for some colour. Good comfort food!