Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a really easy dish that is good for a potluck dinner.
Make and share this Easy Macaroni Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook macaroni and drain.
- Chop up onion, bell pepper and celery into small pieces.
- In skillet, melt butter and cook onions, celery, and bell pepper in butter until tender.
- Then add tomatoes and soup.
- Cook about three to five minutes longer.
- In casserole dish put a layer of macaroni, a layer of soup mixture, and a layer of cheese.
- Repeat layers, ending with cheese on the top.
- Bake until cheese melts.
The flavor was terrific. As I was making this, it seemed like it would be too dry, so I added maybe 1/3 cup of milk. Despite adding the milk, it was still too dry for us. I ended up adding lots more milk and mixing it all up again and rebaking for about 15 more minutes. It was fine then. If I make this again, I'll add lots of milk and not layer, but mix it all together. Thanx for posting!