A delicious alternative to regular mac 'n cheese! This recipe can be dairy-free if you use soy margarine, and it tastes just as good as the original!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook macaroni in boiling water, according to package directions.
- 2While the pasta is boiling, melt margarine in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 3Add flour until bubbly.
- 4Slowly add 1 cup soy milk.
- 5Bring to a boil, stirring constantly (a whisk works well).
- 6If the sauce does not thicken, add another Tbsp of flour.
- 7If using cheese that is not already shredded, grate cheese.
- 8Add slowly, stirring until the sauce thickens and you get the consistency you desire.
- 9I recommend using the full 8 oz of cheese!
- 10Add more soy milk if mixture gets too thick while stirring in the cheese.
- 11Add salt, if desired.
- 12Drain cooked pasta and mix in cheese sauce.
- 14Note: Many types of soy cheese, including Veggie Shreds, contain casein, a milk protein; if you want this to be completely dairy-free you'll need to use a vegan brand.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Macaroni and Soy Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.6
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 150.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 14.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
soy cheddar cheese