Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A wonderful and easy Macaroni and cheese recipe. Have dinner ready for the hungry kids quickly. Serve alone or as a side dish.
- 230 g macaroni (uncooked)
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Add milk and macaroni to saucepan, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and cover.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add cheese, and stir until cheese melts.
Made this as directed. It came out pretty sticky and cheese never did melt all the way. Had to add much more milk because it kept getting so dry.
What a terrific, easy recipe! I normally spend a ton of time on a baked macaroni and cheese with 7 different cheeses...this was SO easy, and I honestly think my family enjoyed it more. I quadrupled the recipe to bring to a church function, and it came out great! Definately will make again...thanks!
This is so good! I used cavatappi noodles so I doubled the rest of the ingredients. It is so creamy and good! Thank you for sharing.