Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so easy, kids and adults love these whenever i make them, they truely taste like a comfort food. I make these when i don't have a lot of time and they taste like i've been slaving over the stove all day... hope you enjoy these as much as we do:)
- 4 -6 pork chops (i use thin chops with bone in, any cut will do)
- 7 1⁄4 ounces macaroni & cheese (I use Kraft, any will do)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup (NOT cream of mushroom)
- 1⁄3 soup can water
- salt & pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil or 1 -2 tablespoon canoloa oil
- Heat oil in a large skillet until warm, season porkchops with salt & pepper.
- Brown porkchops on both sides. In a small bowl combine soup and water, mix well. Remove chops from pan, drain oil. Return porkchops to pan, pour soup/water mixture over porkchops, cover and simmer 15 - 20 minutes or until cooked through. (time depends on thickness of chops) While browning chops make mac & cheese according to directions. Place a serving of mac & cheese on each individual plate and top with a porkchop and pour a little "gravey" over the porkchop. This is easy & awesome! The kids love it!
I made this a few nights ago and used leftover pork steaks. I was pleasantly surprised at how it turned out. Since the meat was already cooked I just put it in the crockpot with the soup and water. I let it cook about 4 hours on low. It was fall-off-the-bone tender with a great gravy. I made up the box of mac and cheese and served it as suggested. We loved it! Thanks for sharing. I plan on making this often.