Recipe by tash662
Macaroni and Cheese with a twist
Top Review by flower7
Sooooo good! I saw this on Kraft's website before finding it here and on there it only called for 1/2 lb beef which is how I made it (and thought it was plenty). I also always make my "blue box" mac with sour cream instead of the milk it calls for (and I use the thick & creamy mac variety) so that's what I did this time also. This was the perfect way to use up some spaghetti sauce. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Lightly grease 8x8 baking dish.
- Cook and drain ground beef and mix with spaghetti sauce.
- Prepare Macaroni and Cheese using the directions on the box.
- Place a layer (exactly half) of Mac and cheese in the baking dish, top with a layer of meat then a layer of cheese.
- After the 2 layers are complete, bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Then top with Parm Cheese.
- **For meat substitute you can use pre cooked chicken.
- **For a complete meatless dish you can use just the spaghetti sauce and leave out all meats.