Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Macaroni and Cheese with a twist
Make and share this Easy Mac and Cheese Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Lightly grease 8x8 baking dish.
- Cook and drain ground beef and mix with spaghetti sauce.
- Prepare Macaroni and Cheese using the directions on the box.
- Place a layer (exactly half) of Mac and cheese in the baking dish, top with a layer of meat then a layer of cheese.
- After the 2 layers are complete, bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Then top with Parm Cheese.
- **For meat substitute you can use pre cooked chicken.
- **For a complete meatless dish you can use just the spaghetti sauce and leave out all meats.
Sooooo good! I saw this on Kraft's website before finding it here and on there it only called for 1/2 lb beef which is how I made it (and thought it was plenty). I also always make my "blue box" mac with sour cream instead of the milk it calls for (and I use the thick & creamy mac variety) so that's what I did this time also. This was the perfect way to use up some spaghetti sauce. Thanks for sharing!
This was definitely a hit for us. The kids weren't very excited about the idea of it, for some reason, but I knew that mixing two of their favorites (mac and cheese and lasagna) couldn't go wrong. In all honesty, it was actually really good. For some reason, I was hungry this week for some kind of mac and cheese concoction, and this fit the bill. I'll definitely be making this one lots, since it's so easy, and I have the ingredients on hand most of the time. I'm going to try sauteeing some veggies into the spaghetti sauce next time, and see how that goes over. I did double everything and put it in a 9x13 pan, since I always like to have leftovers for dh's lunches.
Very simple and tasty meal. Loved it. Thanks for the quick and easy and very tasty meal!