Recipe by Kaitlinsmom
This is from Aunt Debbie who got it from someone else. It is about the easiest mac and cheese to be made. My 4 year old daughter loves this. This is about as easy as you can get. You can add other ingredients after about 45 minutes according to my sister in law. I like it just with cheese.
Top Review by Chef1MOM-Connie
I just made this for dinner tonight but reduced the amounts to 6 portions (1/2 recipe) as there are 2 of us on most days. I also reduced the milk a smidge more than 1/2 as other reviewers mentioned. The taste is very good, the colors are lovely, a creamy white interior and a crusty golden top. I used a combo of mozzerella and monteray jack cheese as that is what I had. Because I made only 1/2 the recipe I cut the time down to 40 min with the bell going off at 30 min to check in. SO GLAD I DID! It was done, noodles are just before too soft and the colors of the outer crust/rim in the beginning stage of brown. So I took a taste....Lovely! Creamy taste, just like old fashioned mac and cheese. This is a keeper and next time I will make the full batch as I think this could be great for lunch leftovers for me for a week.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb macaroni, uncooked
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 4 cups cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 gallon skim milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put butter, salt, and pepper in 13x9 pan. Place in oven to melt butter.
- When butter is melted, add uncooked macaroni. Toss to coat with butter.
- Cover buttered, uncooked macaroni with all of the cheese.
- Place pan on a cookie sheet and place on rack in middle of oven. DO THIS BEFORE ADDING MILK. THE PAN WILL BE VERY FULL AFTER NEXT STEP!
- Pour milk over noodles/cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cool for about 10-15 minutes until set.