Don't miss out on birthday cake-- but miss out on the saturated fat and calories! I used pourable egg whites for this recipe, if you use real eggs for this 2 to 2.5 egg whites will do fine. Regular pourable egg substitute like store-brand or EggBeaters also works. I used Corn Free Baking Powder - Elimination Diet for baking powder for added health quotient. The sunflower oil is Vitamin E rich and adds a nice clean taste to the batter. I'm sure lavender sugar would taste awesome in this and there is just enough sugar for sweetness but the cake isn't weighed down by it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk the oil, applesauce, and sugar together.
- 2Beat in the egg whites and vanilla.
- 3Sift the flour, salt (just 2-3 shakes), and baking powder together.
- 4Gradually beat it into the batter.
- 5Grease an 11 x 7 baking dish with cooking spray and lightly dust with flour, pour the batter into it and smooth it out before putting it in the oven.
- 6Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until a knife/cake tester comes out clean in the center.
- 7Wait for it to cool before frosting. Can be cut into about 3 rows of 4 pieces.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Low-Fat Vanilla White Cake-- Low in Calories but Not Taste!
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.0
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 174.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 3.6 g