1/2 Photos of Easy Low-Fat Oven Fried Catfish
Sue Lau's Note:
The catfish has a nice crunchy coating, just as good as pan-fried without all the greasiness! I like to serve this with Southern dishes like baked sweet potatoes and collard greens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Heavily spray a large non-stick baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Pour egg substitute in large shallow bowl.
- 4Sprinkle with some Emeril's essence; also some salt and pepper, if you prefer.
- 5Place fish coating on a large plate.
- 6Add some Essence to this also, if you wish.
- 7Rinse fish fillets.
- 8Squeeze lemon wedges over fish.
- 9Sprinkle with Essence, salt and pepper on both side of fish.
- 10Dip in coating.
- 11Dip fish in egg substitute, then again in fish coating, and place on baking sheet.
- 12Bake at 450°F for approximately 10-15 minutes, until bottom of fish starts to brown.
- 13Turn fish, and bake about 5-8 minutes more, until fish is browned and crisp.
Browse Our Top Catfish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Low-Fat Oven Fried Catfish
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.1
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 62.2 mg
- Sodium 170.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 20.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned fish coating