The catfish has a nice crunchy coating, just as good as pan-fried without all the greasiness! I like to serve this with Southern dishes like baked sweet potatoes and collard greens.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Heavily spray a large non-stick baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour egg substitute in large shallow bowl.
- Sprinkle with some Emeril's essence; also some salt and pepper, if you prefer.
- Place fish coating on a large plate.
- Add some Essence to this also, if you wish.
- Rinse fish fillets.
- Squeeze lemon wedges over fish.
- Sprinkle with Essence, salt and pepper on both side of fish.
- Dip in coating.
- Dip fish in egg substitute, then again in fish coating, and place on baking sheet.
- Bake at 450°F for approximately 10-15 minutes, until bottom of fish starts to brown.
- Turn fish, and bake about 5-8 minutes more, until fish is browned and crisp.