This has been my favourite dish since I can remember... great comfort food!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place first portion of milk in a 2L capacity microwave bowl and heat on high power until boiling (approx 14 minutes, but watch very carefully toward the end, or it will boil over VERY quickly!).
- 2Bring water & salt to boil in a large saucepan. Add macaroni once boiling, and cook til al dente (firm to the bite). Drain.
- 3Add 2nd portion of milk, flour, chicken stock and seasoning to a shaker & shake til mixed. Add to boiled milk in jug and microwave again on high until boiling again.
- 4Add most of the grated cheese to the milk mixture (which should now be thickened) and pour over pasta in oven proof serving dish.
- 5Sprinkle leftover grated cheese on top and microwave until melted.
- 6Serve with a salad, or you can add frozen peas/carrots/etc to the pasta while cooking if wanted. You can also add cooked bacon or ham to the recipe (add to pasta once drained, just before mixing with cheese sauce).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy, Low Fat, Microwave Macaroni Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.1
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 710.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 21.9 g