Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This has been my favourite dish since I can remember... great comfort food!!
Make and share this Easy, Low Fat, Microwave Macaroni Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- Place first portion of milk in a 2L capacity microwave bowl and heat on high power until boiling (approx 14 minutes, but watch very carefully toward the end, or it will boil over VERY quickly!).
- Bring water & salt to boil in a large saucepan. Add macaroni once boiling, and cook til al dente (firm to the bite). Drain.
- Add 2nd portion of milk, flour, chicken stock and seasoning to a shaker & shake til mixed. Add to boiled milk in jug and microwave again on high until boiling again.
- Add most of the grated cheese to the milk mixture (which should now be thickened) and pour over pasta in oven proof serving dish.
- Sprinkle leftover grated cheese on top and microwave until melted.
- Serve with a salad, or you can add frozen peas/carrots/etc to the pasta while cooking if wanted. You can also add cooked bacon or ham to the recipe (add to pasta once drained, just before mixing with cheese sauce).