Recipe by blucoat
I found this in a vegetarian cookbook. I haven't tried it yet. I'm not sure about the cucumber but you can substiute it for any veggie you like (broccoli, spinach, cauliflower, beets). Use any herbs you enjoy. :-)
Top Review by Bergy
Excellent soup. Next time I will leave out the cuke. I cut the recipe back to 1/3 of the recipe, added 1 tsp chili powder and 1 tsp pepper. Used 1 liter of low sodium chicken Broth instead of the granuales. I had fresh Oregano, Thyme & Rosemary apprx 1/2 tsp of each. Very tasty satisfying soup. A definite do again
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 celery rib
- 1 onion
- 1⁄4 head cabbage
- 1 -2 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 bay leaf
- fresh green herbs (such as dill, parsley and spring onion)
- 2 -3 liters water (about 2-3 quarts)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the water and chop all the vegetables. Add the vegetables to the boiling water and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the stock cubes and the bay leaf and cook for another 5 or 10 minutes. Add a little salt to taste then turn off the heat and add the chopped green herbs.