Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a homemade chili made simple. This makes 144 oz. of chili, so be sure to use a large soup pot. This is a thinner chili, not a thick Texas style and I like to serve with fritos, shredded cheese and sour cream. Served alone, the correct nutritional information is 1 gram of fat and 115 calories per cup.
- 1 lb 99% fat free ground turkey
- 1 large onion
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili hot beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes (extra hot)
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1⁄3 cup chili seasoning mix (1 pkg)
- Brown ground turkey with onion and garlic.
- Add remaining items, bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for at least 30 minutes.