Recipe by Chef Larz in Pennsboro, WV
Quick easy cornbread with a texture which is less crumbly than traditional cornbread.
Top Review by internetnut
I gave this recipe 4 stars. I made this recipe for Fall 2009 PAC. This recipe is so easy and fast. My family really enjoyed this cornbread. When I made this recipe I used Splenda sugar blend for the sugar. Overall this was so good and I will make this again for sure. Thanks for posting a great recipe! Christine (internetnut)
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups low-fat buttermilk (slightly more if too thick)
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Add egg and buttermilk and blend well.
- Spread into an 8x8 baking dish sprayed with vegetable spray or spoon into prepared muffin tins and bake in a 400 degree oven for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.