1/2 Photos of Easy, Low-fat Chicken Lasagna
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe derived from the need to use leftover grilled chicken when I was really in the mood for lasagna! The grill flavor really lent it a good flavor- so I suggest using leftover grilled or rotisserie chicken for this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and diced
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (24 ounce) container fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 8 basil leaves, julienned
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (I like Newman's Own)
- 1 tablespoon coarse garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In 1 T olive oil saute the onion and bell pepper until translucent.
- 3Add chicken and set aside.
- 4Spray a 9x13" pyrex dish with cooking spray and spoon about a half cup of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom.
- 5Mix the fresh herbs, garlic salt, and cayenne straight into the container of cottage cheese.
- 6Layer 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, 1/3 cottage cheese mixture, 1/3 chicken mixture, 1/3 of the remaining sauce, 1/3 mozzerella and 1/3 parmesan.
- 7Repeat this process until finished.
- 8Cook, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown on top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy, Low-fat Chicken Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.5
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 52.2 mg
- Sodium 760.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 29.1 g