Recipe by crispychick
This recipe derived from the need to use leftover grilled chicken when I was really in the mood for lasagna! The grill flavor really lent it a good flavor- so I suggest using leftover grilled or rotisserie chicken for this.
Top Review by Hassypants
This lasagna was delicious! I used a red pepper since that was what I had and it added more color to the dish. I used frozen grilled chicken nuggets from Schwan's that I had on hand - I warmed them up first in microwave. The kitchen smelled fantastic while it was cooking and I was definitely pleased with the results. Easy to make and lower calories -- 2 thumbs up!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cooked and diced
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (24 ounce) container fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 8 basil leaves, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (I like Newman's Own)
- 1 tablespoon coarse garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In 1 T olive oil saute the onion and bell pepper until translucent.
- Add chicken and set aside.
- Spray a 9x13" pyrex dish with cooking spray and spoon about a half cup of the spaghetti sauce on the bottom.
- Mix the fresh herbs, garlic salt, and cayenne straight into the container of cottage cheese.
- Layer 4 uncooked lasagna noodles, 1/3 cottage cheese mixture, 1/3 chicken mixture, 1/3 of the remaining sauce, 1/3 mozzerella and 1/3 parmesan.
- Repeat this process until finished.
- Cook, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown on top.