1/2 Photos of Easy Low Fat Chicken Enchilada Casserole
This was an experimental meal, but when my guys tasted it, they said it was a winner. Very quick and easy, suitable for beginning cooks. You can embellish this basic version however you choose by adding chopped green chilies, black olives, etc. I like to add fresh lettuce, onions, tomatoes, and salsa on top at serving time. 1/8 of the casserole is 7 WW points.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 flour tortillas
- 2 (9 3/4 ounce) cans cooked chicken, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low-fat condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained or 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, not drained
- 2 cups shredded low-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- lettuce, onions, tomatoes, salsa
- 1Grease a 9x13 pan with shortening or spray.
- 2In saucepan, add chicken, soup, water, taco seasoning, and black beans. Heat slowly and stir until heated through and bubbly.
- 3Cut tortillas into quarters.
- 4Cover the bottom of the 9x13 pan with about 1 cup of the chicken mixture.
- 5Piece half of the tortilla wedges, jigsaw-puzzle-like, so they cover the chicken mixture on the bottom of the pan.
- 6Spread half of the remaining chicken mixture on top of the tortillas.
- 7Spread 1 cup of the shredded cheese on top of the chicken mixture.
- 8Repeat layers.
- 9Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Low Fat Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.1
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 57.7 mg
- Sodium 368.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 29.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat condensed cream of chicken soup