This was an experimental meal, but when my guys tasted it, they said it was a winner. Very quick and easy, suitable for beginning cooks. You can embellish this basic version however you choose by adding chopped green chilies, black olives, etc. I like to add fresh lettuce, onions, tomatoes, and salsa on top at serving time. 1/8 of the casserole is 7 WW points.
- 6 flour tortillas
- 2 (9 3/4 ounce) cans cooked chicken, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can low-fat condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained or 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans, not drained
- 2 cups shredded low-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- lettuce, onions, tomatoes, salsa
- Grease a 9x13 pan with shortening or spray.
- In saucepan, add chicken, soup, water, taco seasoning, and black beans. Heat slowly and stir until heated through and bubbly.
- Cut tortillas into quarters.
- Cover the bottom of the 9x13 pan with about 1 cup of the chicken mixture.
- Piece half of the tortilla wedges, jigsaw-puzzle-like, so they cover the chicken mixture on the bottom of the pan.
- Spread half of the remaining chicken mixture on top of the tortillas.
- Spread 1 cup of the shredded cheese on top of the chicken mixture.
- Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until heated through.