Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a Pulp Kitchen recipe that was M.I.A. since the move, just found it and want to post it before I lose it again.
- Using a food processor pulse the onion until minced.
- Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Add to the food processor with the cream cheese.
- Pulse until pureed.
- Dilute wtih chicken broth to your desired thickness.
- Transfer to a medium sauce pan and heat over low heat until thoroughly heated.
- Garnish with sour cream and chives.
I made exactly as stated. Tasty.... but not good enough to make for company. I agree - it would be great with a little cilantro. Makes for a quick and easy lunch. I feel this is 4 servings rather than 2.
This is a really good and simple soup! I loved the creamy texture; not too thin and not too thick. I thought by the ingredients that it would need some major spicing up, but I actually was pretty happy with it as is; I just added some cumin. Instead of the food processor, I put the onions, beans and cream cheese in a soup pot and simmered them for awhile, then I just used my hand-held immersion blender to puree. I didn't puree it to complete smoothness-just my preference. I garnished with light sour cream, chopped tomatoes and chives. Cilantro would be good in this too. Thanx for a terrific and easy soup recipe. I'll make this often!