Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from my sister-in-law and it is FABULOUS! This is an extremely easy and healthy recipe that tastes so great and looks so pretty it can be used for dish is so easy to make. Every time I make it, people rave about it!
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast
- 326.01 g jar salsa
- 236.59 ml reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend (2% and you can use more if you want)
- 63.78 g can sliced ripe olives
- light sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean and dry the chicken breats. (If they are thick, you'll want to pound them out a it to make them flatter for more even cooking.
- Place the chicken breats in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Pour entire jar of salsa over the chicken, covering completly.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil.
- Place in oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven and sprinkle sliced olives & cheese over chicken.
- Place uncovered dish back in the oven for another 10 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from oven and top with a dollop of sour cream, scallions, and/or cilantro if desired.
- Garnish with slices of lime.
- For a complete meal, I serve with spanish rice and a salad.
How easy is this? Not to mention tasty. I added some lime slices on top of the chicken before I put the salsa on. I also sprinkled on some cumin and garlic salt, just personal preference. The salsa got kind of watery after the baking, so once I removed the chicken from the pan I added some more cheese to the warm salsa juices and made a bit of cheese sauce and poured that over the chicken. I made this with 92446, and it was a yummy and healthy meal!