Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
It doesn't get an easier than this! This is a great side dish or a lunch with a salad. The humble spud all dressed up!
- 4 large baking potatoes (baked 1 hour at 375 degrees)
Variation 1 Ham Alfredo
- 1 (10 ounce) container alfredo sauce
- 1 cup cooked diced ham
Variation 2 Brocoli and Cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cut broccoli in cheese sauce
Variation 3 Tex Mex
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup guacamole
Variation 4 Chili with Beans
- 1⁄2 cup colby-monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with beans
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Clean potatoes and wrap with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour or until tender.
- Cut a large X on top of potato and make an opening.
- Load with topping.
- Variation #1 Ham and Alfredo:.
- Pour Alfredo sauce in a sauce pan and stir in ham.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture is hot.
- Spoon mixture over potatoes.
- Variation #2 Broccoli and Cheese:.
- Heat Brocoli and cheese mixture in a sauce pan over medium heat until hot.
- Spoon mixture over potato.
- Variation #3 Tex Mex:.
- Spoon 2 Tablespoons of salsa on each potato.
- Top with sour cream and guacamole.
- Variation #4 Chili and Cheese:.
- Stir chili and cheese together in a medium sauce pan and heat on medium heat.
- Cook until cheese is melted and spoon mixture over potatoes.
You're right, it doesn't get much easier! I also used variation #2 as I had the frozen broccoli w/ cheese sauce in the freezer. Very good and will make again.
These were really good and really easy to make! I used the #2 variation. I didn't have frozen broccoli in cheese sauce so I used plain frozen chopped broccoli and made Cheese Sauce. Turned out great! All 4 variations would be wonderful and I am looking forward to trying the other 3. Thanks for sharing the recipe :)
i really love these ideas. thanks for sharing!