Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. A Must Have in my family, from the picky 'mashed potatoes only' to the 'gotta have it' baked potato cravers, this dish spreads from my east coast kin to my west coast friends as a well-known picnic and party favorite!
- 1 lb Simply Potatoes Sour Cream and Chive Mashed Potatoes
- 2 cups medium cheddar (separate 1/2 to the side)
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 18 g dry ranch dressing mix (or 2/3 packet/1.2 Tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons butter (1 tbls. separate for greasing)
- Preheat oven to 350, use 1tbls. butter to grease a 9x13 in backing dish.
- In a frying pan, brown the bacon on medium high turning until desired color, approximately 10 minutes, when bacon is finished, chop up into small bacon bit size pieces.
- In a bowel mix 1 1/2c cheddar cheese, 2/3 ranch packet and mashed potatoes together and spread into casserole dish, put in oven for 15-20 min or until the casserole is blended.
- Add bacon and remaining cheese, remove when cheese is melted, approximately five more minutes.