This meal is inspired by the traditional Linguine Del Mar of any Italian restaurant, the twist is that it won't cost fancy restaurant prices to make!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb linguine (or any other fav pasta)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna fish (the albacore in water is the best, but the dark tuna is okay too)
- 1/2 red onion (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce (I enjoy either Paul Newman's or Classico's marinera or tomato and basil sauces)
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1/2 cup parmigiano
- 1Cook pasta as directed on the box but don't drain until the sauce is done and your ready to serve!
- 2Drain the water from the two cans of tuna and set aside.
- 3Warm a large skillet over med-low with olive oil.
- 4Once the oil is hot (sizzles when you flick water on it) add your chopped garlic and onions and saute (approx 4 min or until onions caramelize).
- 5Add both cans of tuna to the skillet, and allow to brown stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon or similar tool (approx 2 min).
- 6Add your spaghetti sauce to the skillet and fold the onions and tuna into the sauce so that it is evenly coated.
- 7Once the sauce begins to bubble turn your flame down to low and cover, let simmer for 2min.
- 8Drain pasta and return to pot, add the sauce from the skillet and the parmigiana cheese.
- 9Bon Apetite!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Linguine Del Mar
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 954.0
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 51.0 mg
- Sodium 1484.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 19.8 g
- Protein 62.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: