Recipe by Expat in Holland
This is an easy and quick recipe for rushed nights. It has a nice flavor to it and served with a salad it makes a perfect weeknight meal.
Top Review by *Parsley*
Plenty of sauce, plenty of clams and plenty of flavor! I made it exactly as written and I doubled the recipe. You could easily serve this to guests. Thanx for a great recipe. I'll be making this again for sure.
- 1⁄2 lb linguine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 20 ounces canned clams, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- 20oz canned clams is equal to 2-10oz cans of chopped clams with juice.
- Cook linguine as instructed. Drain.
- Meanwhile melt butter in skillet. Add garlic, shallot and red pepper flakes. Sautee for 4 minutes until vegetables are cooked.
- Add flour, oregano and parsley to mixture and stir until incorporated. Keep stirring for at least 1 minute.
- Add clams with juice and wine. Stir constantly for 8minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cream and cook over low heat until well heated about 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over pasta and toss. Sprinkle with cheese.