If you are looking for a way to fix lima beans besides boiling them in water try this recipe. I don't think you'll be sorry you tried them. :) If you want to have more of a buttery flavor,remove the beans from the liquid and place into a bowl then add the final 2 Tablespoons of butter and then salt and pepper to taste. I saw the basic recipe on allrecipes.com which was posted to that site by SharonB13.The name is the same as her's, but I changed a few things to the recipe and decided to post it under my own name.Submitted to Food.com ( A.K.A. ZAAR ) on March 20th.,2011
- In a medium sized saucepan melt 2 Tablespoons margarine,then add onion and cook until soft.
- Add chicken broth, and bring to a boil.
- Then add the lima beans,let broth return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover beans, let simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After the beans are done DO NOT drain, add remaining margarine,salt, and pepper to taste.
- Then serve.
I've never just "boiled" lima beans, but I've never cooked them with onions and chicken broth either! Delicious. I used some lima beans that I got fresh in the late summer, then froze myself. They were wonderful. Thanks for sharing! Made for 123 Hits Tag.
My Husband and I loved this recipe !!! I used 3/4 cup of chicken broth and 2 cans drained lima beans instead of frozen. It was easy and delicious. Thank you for the recipe.