Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
My mom has made this for years and I love how easy it is and good it tastes. My husband used to ask me to make it EVERY morning!!! Through the years I have adjusted my mom's original recipe to make it a little more healthy. It still tastes yummy and good if you have a sweet tooth like me but want to eat sensibly.
- 1 eggs or 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 -5 packets Sweet 'n Low (or to you taste) or 1⁄4 cup real sugar (if you're not on a diet!)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 6 pieces white bread (perferably)
- powdered sugar
- light syrup or sugar free syrup
- Preheat griddle or pan to med.
- heat and spray w/ non-fat cooking spray.
- Mix up first five ingr.
- Dip the bread in the egg mixture and press on both sides w/ a fork.
- Put the bread slices on the griddle and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve w/ toppings.
This recipe is wonderful. I love it Thanks so much. Dianne
So easy and so yummy! And tastes like the "real" thing. I made this as a special breakfast for my two year old (and me) and we both loved it! I just topped with syrup - we didn't need any additional sugar. Thanks for sharing!
I made 2 slices for myself this morning for breakfast and it was outstanding. (though I used splenda instead of sweet in low or sugar) Thanks for the "light" recipe, I may never go back to full fat french toast again!