Recipe by T Burton
This cake is easy to make and it turns out so light that you really can't tell you've eaten dessert.....never leaves you feeling stuffed! My favorite cake to make.
- 1 (18 ounce) box butter pecan cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (6 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup milk (I use skim, but you can use what you like)
- 12 ounces Cool Whip (I use fat-free, but you choose)
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups of chopped pecans (I toast them for a few minutes-which is optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the cake mix as directed on box (do not overbeat).
- Bake in three layers (approximately 20 minutes) in greased and floured pans.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes then remove to rack and cool completely before frosting.
- Mix the pudding and milk together until it starts to thicken. Fold in the Cool Whip.
- Add the nuts and vanilla.
- Frost the cake This makes a lot of icing so be generous between the layers and icing the cake. Store in the refrigerator.