Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my version of lettuce wraps. Meat, rice, and veggies. Full meal, in a neat little package. Very easy, and quick yummy meal. No side dishes needed.
- 1 head of any leaf lettuce, romaine, iceberge, boston bibb
- 1 carrot
- 1 lime, wedged
- sliced red onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce (Lee Kum Kee)
- garlic, chopped
- red onion, chopped
- 1 dash red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 dash rice wine vinegar (optional)
- soy sauce
- cooked rice
- Start making rice ( I like Basmati Jasmine Rice) remember, do not open the lid while cooking the rice, it makes it mushy --.
- Heat a large pot, or wok, on high, add ground beef, garlic, chopped onion, red pepper, soy sauce. Make sure to move the meat alot so it all breaks up and cooks evenly.
- Slice carrots thin with a vegetable peeler, cut lime into wedges, and slice onions thin.
- Meat should be done shortly, do not drain the meat. Fluff the rice with a fork.
- Place all of the fresh ingredients on a plate, lettuce leafs, carrots, limes, and onions.
- Place rice, and meat in separate bowls.
- Serve by placing rice in lettuce add meat, and then the fresh veggies that you would like, wrap it up, and eat it.
- This really only takes about 20-30 minutes. Really, really good.
I used ground pork instead of beef and it was great! Super easy and super tasty!
Really, Really is spelled with 2 'L's I thought even in USA. Not Realy. However the dipping sauce IS really really good