Recipe by IronChefArtemslore
Sorry these are not guilt free. However you can feel good about a tasty treat baked with fruit and yogurt.
Top Review by nkoprince08
These are a great alternative if you are dieting or trying to eat healthy...they were tasty and great for that chocolate/peanut butter craving. I will warn those of you who are not eating healthier or dieting that these are not going to taste like the "real" thing. The frosting is the best, the brownie was a little dry for me, but overall they were worth a try and satisfied my sweet tooth!!
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 banana
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the ripe banana. Add the cake mix and applesauce to the banana mush.
- Stir till a thick paste is formed.
- Press the brownie paste into the bottom of greased 9x13-inch cake pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the tester comes out clean.
- While the brownies are baking, whip up the frosting. Combine 1 cup yogurt, half-cup sugar, and half-cup peanut butter.
- Place frosting in the refrigerator to cool before you eat it all!
- When brownies are cool, frost and enjoy.
- Note: if storing overnight, you'll want keep the frosted brownies in the refrigerator. Oh, it freezes great!