Recipe by Mimi in Maine
This is a yummy Lentil Stew made with mostly what is in your pantry. It is only four servings so you won't have tons left over. Simple but delicious!
Top Review by Kathy Hope
This was really tasty and I'm not even a huge lentil fan! I'm vegetarian so I used water and vegetable bouillon cubes instead of chicken broth and used Italian seasoning instead of the parsley and basil. Next time I think I will use a little less lentils and more root vegetables.
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth (I use College Inn)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canof peeled Italian tomatoes (cut up)
- 1 cup peeled chopped potato
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil (crushed)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 dash pepper