This is a yummy Lentil Stew made with mostly what is in your pantry. It is only four servings so you won't have tons left over. Simple but delicious!
- 1 cup dry lentils
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth (I use College Inn)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canof peeled Italian tomatoes (cut up)
- 1 cup peeled chopped potato
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil (crushed)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 dash pepper
- Rinse and drain the dry lentils.
- In a saucepan combine the lentils, chicken broth, tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, celery, parsley, basil, garlic, and pepper.
- Simmer for 45-50 minutes untils lentils and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.