Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
This soup is both satisfying and wholesome. Thanks to Wanda Veazey for this recipe!
Make and share this Easy Lentil Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes (undrained, cut up)
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas, undrained)
- 2 cups potatoes (cubed, peeled)
- 1 cup dry lentils (sorted, rinsed, drained)
- 1 cup carrot (thinly sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 3 teaspoons chili powder (or more, depending on your liking)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup water (more or less to achieve desired consistency)
- In 4 quart saucepan or Dutch oven, combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 45 to 55 minutes or until vegetables and lentils are tender.
This was pretty good. Definitely healthy. I just didn't find it very flavorful. Maybe I'll make it again and experiment with some different spices. I added the 3 tsp. of chili powder; maybe I needed to add more?