Recipe by D. Todd Miller
This soup is both satisfying and wholesome. Thanks to Wanda Veazey for this recipe!
Top Review by afghanmom
This was pretty good. Definitely healthy. I just didn't find it very flavorful. Maybe I'll make it again and experiment with some different spices. I added the 3 tsp. of chili powder; maybe I needed to add more?
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes (undrained, cut up)
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas, undrained)
- 2 cups potatoes (cubed, peeled)
- 1 cup dry lentils (sorted, rinsed, drained)
- 1 cup carrot (thinly sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 3 teaspoons chili powder (or more, depending on your liking)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup water (more or less to achieve desired consistency)