Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
On the grill or in the oven this is a great way to dress up mushrooms!
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 lb mushroom, cleaned
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place mushrooms on three pieces of foil stacked together and crumple sides to make a 'pan' that will hold the juices. You can use a metal pan underneath for added stability.
- Grate rind from lemon on top of mushrooms.
- Squeeze juice from lemon and add to 'pan'.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Leave 'pan' open on top and grill until tender, 6-8 minutes.
- These can also be baked or broiled in oven until tender or cooked in a saucepan on top of stove.
- I usually 'baste' the juices over the mushrooms every so often but it does not seem to affect the outcome if you do not.
Very good. I'm not a fan of mushrooms. I made this for my husband and decided to try it and i even liked them.
First I would like to say that I love the technique. It was so easy to do, and the clean up was a breeze. The flavor was fantastic as well. Thank you for sharing this keeper.
I was surprised at just how "lemony" these were. They were great. I made them in a real pan lined with foil in the BBQ. Great side with any kind of BBQ.