Recipe by Nolita_Food
I got the recipe from Cooking Light. Have made it several time, and it's pretty good.
Top Review by Julie421511
Wow, these were fantastic!! They tasted just as good as ordinary lemon squares. I did cut down the flour in the crust like ICBIH suggested. I also used half whole wheat and half white flour. I did cut the sugar down to 1/3 cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of splenda. These were lemony & addicting! Thanks for posting.
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- To prepare crust: beat sugar and butter until creamy.
- Gradually add 1 cup of flour, continuing to beat until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Lightly press into an 8x8" baking dish, bake for 15 minutes, let cool.
- To prepare topping: beat eggs until foamy, add sugar and the next 5 ingredients.
- Beat until well blended.
- Pour mixture over crust, bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool on wire rack, sift powdered sugar on top.