A bit of zing with tasty crumb topping. A family favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 cups corn flakes (crushed)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/3 cup nuts (your choice-chopped)
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon pudding mix (not instant)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
- 3 -5 teaspoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1Heat oven to 350°F Generously grease bottom and sides of 15x10-inch jelly roll pan.
- 3In large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients, and mix at low spreed w/electric mixer until crumbly.
- 4Reserve 1 & 1/2 cups for topping.
- 5Press remaining crumbs into prepared pan.
- 7In a small bowl, combine next 3 ingredients. Mix well. Pour evenly over base crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Bake at 350F for 20-30 minute or until golden brown. Loosen edges.
- 9In small bowl, blend powdered sugar with water and extract. Pour over warm bars. Cool completely, and cut into bars. Serves 48.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Lemon Sour Bars
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.6
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 8.1 mg
- Sodium 133.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 1.3 g