Recipe by cooking-BAG
A bit of zing with tasty crumb topping. A family favorite.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I LOVE LEMON, so to the lemon pudding mixture I added a teaspoon of lemon zest! Also used a rounded 1/3 cup of chopped pistachio nuts! These were made to entice people to look over my tables during a park-wice garage sale, & they were gone in no time! I even passed out copies of the recipe to those interested! Thanks for the keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag cooking game]
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 cups corn flakes (crushed)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1⁄3 cup nuts (your choice-chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon pudding mix (not instant)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
- 3 -5 teaspoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Generously grease bottom and sides of 15x10-inch jelly roll pan.
- In large bowl, combine first 5 ingredients, and mix at low spreed w/electric mixer until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 & 1/2 cups for topping.
- Press remaining crumbs into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, combine next 3 ingredients. Mix well. Pour evenly over base crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Bake at 350F for 20-30 minute or until golden brown. Loosen edges.
- In small bowl, blend powdered sugar with water and extract. Pour over warm bars. Cool completely, and cut into bars. Serves 48.