Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
Another cookie recipe for my "to try" list from Canadian Living Muffins and Cookies. *Preparation time includes 30 minutes refrigeration time
Top Review by Chef Kate
A very good, very straightforward recipe. I used all ap flour and was delighted with the texture of the cookies, but they lacked 'oomph' --I think they need salt and more lemon, I sprinkled mine with pearl sugar and used a daisy cutter and they looked great.
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar or 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon rind, grated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (or 1 cup all-purpose and 1 cup whole wheat or graham flour)
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a large bowl, cream butter and beat in sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in lemon rind.
- Gradually stir in flour until blended.
- Shape dough into 2 equal discs, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes until chilled.
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Between 2 sheets of waxed paper, roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Using a 2 inch floured cutter, cut out cookies and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in 300F oven for 17 to 30 minutes until lightly browned on bottom.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on racks.