1/4 Photos of Easy Lemon Self Saucing Pudding
Been looking for the lemon delicious recipe I cooked many years ago but somewhere along lost the clipping (before ZAAR time) and this seems to come close to it though called a pudding (maybe searching in the wrong area) but it was good though sweeter than I remember (would need to work on the sugar content), certainly don't remember having the sprinkle sugar on top as per this recipe but I believe that what gives it its crispy top in this recipe. Serving suggestion was 4 but I think could be easily stretched to 6 served with cream and or icecream. i found that 1 lemon gave me the rind and juiced that but needed to juice a second lemon to get the full 1/2 cup (got a little more than that and added the lot).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup self raising flour
- salt (a pinch)
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind (grated)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted and mix in milk and vanilla)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (or essence)
- 1/2 cup milk (I used hi-low)
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Grease a 4 to 6 cup casserole dish (deep sides).
- 3Batter Base - sift flour and a pinch of salt together and then add sugar and grated lemon rind, mixing well together.
- 4Stir in melted butter , vanilla and milk mix and stir until all flour mix is incorporated.
- 5Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- 6Sauce - Sprinkle the mixture with the sugar and lemon rind.
- 7Combine the boiling water and lemon juice and carefully spoon some of over the batter and sugar topping, until fully covered and then pour the rest of the mix over the back of the spoon.
- 8Bake for 30 to 40 minutes and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving (very important to allow the sauce to thicken or otherwise will have runny liquid).
- 9Serve with cream and or icecream.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Lemon Self Saucing Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.0
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 19.5 mg
- Sodium 68.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 42.5 g
- Protein 4.4 g