Prep 6 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is so easy to make and has a nice sweet, lemony flavor.
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg yolks
- On med-hi heat, bring sugar and water to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch, lemon juice and lemon extract.
- Stir into boiling mixture.
- Beat the egg yolks and stir about 1/4 cup of the hot mixture into them.
- Quickly stir this into the hot mix.
- Spoon into dessert cups.
- If you prefer you can put the mix into a baked pie shell, and cover with meringue.
MizzNezz, this was just the light, tasty treat I was looking for! No fuss, no muss and just enough to suit my needs. This recipe made just enough to fill 3 dessert cups. Nice and lemony with just the right amount of sweet and tangy flavor! You saved the day, once again, Nezz! Thank you!
This has such flavour! The lemon extract is a nice addition. However, I had a slight curdling, which may have been my fault, I don't know. To make sure THAT didn't happen again, I first combined the sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Then I stirred in the egg yolks. Next, the juice, extract, and 1/3 cup water. Then 1 cup hot water. Cooked everything and it was beautiful! Will definitely make this again and again!
This came out wonderfully! I didn't have lemon extract so I used vanilla, and I used a sugar substitute, but kept everything else the same. It was really easy, and I will definitely make it again!