Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have used this cake for so many different things. Its great if you need something at the last minute. Its always comes out good. It's good just as a pound cake, without the drizzled lemon. We like it for strawberry shortcake.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Mix together 1 cup sugar and butter.
- Add eggs and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice; mix well.
- Add salt, flour, and baking powder to mixture.
- Add milk.
- Bake at 325°F in a well greased loaf pan for 1 hour,or until golden brown.
- Mix 1/3 cup lemon juice and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Use a toothpick to make holes in top of cake and drizzle lemon juice and sugar mixture over the top of the cake when removed from the oven.
- Serve warm or cool.
More like a cake than a traditional pound cake, but it had a good flavor and texture. Especially liked the drizzled lemon/sugar. Don't know how it was at room temperature--it was all gone before it had cooled.
This recipe was quick and easy and delicious. I use it to make several pound cakes for my church.
An exellent and simple recipe!!