Recipe by DiAnna2
This is a recipe I came up with after reading through some cookbooks. I liked the flavor combination, and it is so easy. It really makes potatoes go a long way. This has only 4 ingredients that can be kept on hand for those unexpected needs.
- 4 -5 potatoes, washed (I like russets)
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- lemon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice Potatoes leaving skins on, into PAPER THIN disks (like those used for scalloped potatoes).
- Spray a deep dish pie pan (or similar size pan) with cooking spray.
- Layer: potatoes, sprinkle with Lemon pepper, top with onions.
- Repeat layers until no remaining potatoes.
- Place pats of butter on top.
- Cover with foil and bake in 400 degree F preheated oven for about 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove foil and bake another 10- 15 minutes to brown and reduce liquid.
- I like to cook longer and get a crispy layer on the bottom; you can then invert this onto a serving platter and garnish with sour cream or cheese of your choice and minced parsely.
- This recipe can be done in a disposable foil pie tin over a grill.
- The time covered should be over indirect heat and then uncover over direct heat.