Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is very quick, very healthy, and very easy. I served this with a quick and easy saute (see: "Quick Sauteed Curry Style Vegetables" in my recipes).
- 6 -8 ounces salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons mediterranean olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- Cooks tip: don't worry about the skin before cooking. It helps to keep the fish moist and flavorful, and comes away easily when the fish is cooked.
- Preheat oven to 425 F./broil.
- In a small rectangular baking dish, pour oil and the juice from the lemon.
- Coat both sides of the fish in the oil/juice; season fish with salt, pepper, thyme leaves, and garlic powder; place Parmesan on a plate and press fish side down into the Parmesan (not the skin side) and place fish fish side up (skin side down) in the baking dish. Sprinkle any escaped cheese onto top of the fish.
- Broil about 4-6 inches from element (top rack) for 10-12 minutes, or until fish flakes easily.