Recipe by cookin' kayte
I got this recipe out of Nourishing Traditions. This is a good one for a light spring or summer dessert, with little fuss! I've only made it once, but it was really good. Hope you all enjoy too!
- 6 egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 grated lemons, rind of
- 2 strained lemons, juice of
- 6 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, well chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Place egg yolks, honey, lemon rind and lemon juice in the top of a double boiler over simmering water.
- Whisk constantly for about 10 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and chill in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cream until stiff.
- In a separate clean bowl, beat egg whites with sea salt until stiff.
- Fold lemon mixture into cream.
- Fold egg whites into cream and lemon mixture.
- Spoon into individual parfait glasses and chill well before serving.
- Note: You can make Lime Mousse too using the rind and juice or 3 limes instead of lemons.