Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe can be made a month in advance.The crushed meringue inside the ice cream adds that extra something. I use the sort of ice cream machine that you freeze 24 hours ahead.
- In a bowl mix the custard with the single cream.
- whip the double cream until it forms soft peaks, then stir in the lemon juice and zest.
- Fold this into the custard mixture.
- Pour into the icecream machine with the motor running and churn according to the manufacturer.
- When ready fold in the meringues gently and spoon into a container and freeze.
- Remove from the freezer about 30 minutes before serving and scopp into nice decorative glasses or ice cream cones.
Great, simple ice cream! We loved the bits of meringue throughout. This is the first time I've used store bought custard in a homemade ice cream, and it worked really well. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2009.