Prep 2 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a wonderfully healthy and zingy soup that is a cinch to make.
- 158.51 ml red lentil
- 946.36 ml chicken stock or 946.36 ml water
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped roughly
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 14.79 ml cilantro, chopped roughly
- salt and pepper
- Combine lentils, garlic and stock in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to medium and let simmer for 20 mins or until lentils are tender.
- Blend mixture in pot with immersion (stick) blender.
- Mix in lemon juice, zest, and cilantro.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
I can not tell you how easy this wonderful recipe is to make, The lemon and the cilantro gave this soup just the right flavor. I did use the hand blender to the cilantro and will next time. I want to thank the chef for this great ricipe. Made for Fall PAC 2012