Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Recipe from Progresso.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup biscuit mix (I use Bisquick)
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 drop yellow food coloring
- Place chicken between sheets of wax paper and pound to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Place biscuit mix, bread crumbs, lemon peel, and ginger in a shallow bowl and wisk together.
- Place water in another shallow dish.
- Dip chicken in water then in dry mixture, turning to coat.
- Add oil to a large nonstick skillet and heat over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and cook 8-10 minutes, turning once, or until centers are no longer pink.
- Place chicken on a serving dish.
- While chicken is cooking, place sauce ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until thick and bubbly.
- Spoon sauce over chicken.
Wonderful flavor. Pounding out the chicken is vital to making this recipe great. DH especially liked it (and he DOES NOT like chinese food). The sauce is great and not too lemony. I used powdered ginger- made for Bargain Basement Tag.