Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came across this recipe in a cookbook of mine.
- 12 skewers
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 4 large red bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons tarragon leaves
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill on medium heat.
- Alternately thread chicken and peppers onto skewers.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, mustard and tarragon. Reserve 1/3 cup of olive oil mixture and set aside.
- Oil grill grates. Brush kabobs with some of the olive mixture and place on grill.
- Grill kabobs, basting frequently with olive oil mixture and rotating every 3-4 minutes, until chicken is cooked through, about 10 - 15 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into chicken reads 165 degrees.
- Remove from grill. Serve drizzled with reserved olive mixture over your favorite rice or couscous, garnished with lemon wedges, if desired.
Made for Photo Tag. This is a winner! I marinated the chicken for 30 minutes in the marinade and wow ...talk about flavour! Before taking them off the grill I gave them a quick dash of salt. We think this lemon-garlic mixture would be fantastic with fish as well.