Prep 2 mins
Cook 25 mins
A quick easy recipe with a mild flavour. Goes well with rice. From a NZ recipe book by Jo Seager.
Make and share this Easy Lemon & Dill Chicken Breasts recipe from Food.com.
- Heat the oil in a non stick pan and cook the chicken over medium heat until a nice golden brown on each side.
- Takes about 8mins in total.
- Meanwhile mix wine, dill, lemon rind, juice and lemon pepper seasoning together.
- Pour over browned chicken and heat to boiling, then reduce and simmer for about 15mins.
- Remove chicken from pan and bring sauce back to the boil to reduce to about half.
- Pour over chicken and garnish with the parsley or spring onion.
- Serve over boiled or steamed rice with a salad on the side if liked.
Tried with lime as well. Very nice. Will defiantly use again. So simple to make with so few ingredients.
So much flavor and so very, very delicious!! DH and I loved this chicken and were thrilled with how quickly and easily we were able to put it together. I used chicken broth (we had consumed the wine) but can imagine that wine would add another dimension to an already wonderful dish. Using extra fresh lemon rind and freshly grated pepper, as suggested by mom2chelsea2003, would be our choice for the future because we found the lemon pepper to have a slight chemical aftertaste. As part of a healthy meal we served it with Rice Pilaf With Carrots #200433 and steamed asparagus. Great one Jen T!
Love this recipe!! Even my picky 5 year old will eat it if we tell her the green stuff is parsley... ohh, and if you do not have lemon pepper available, I have found that by zesting the lemons and sprinkling with pepper I get about the same effect... maybe even a little more lemon flavor!