Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is so good and can also be made using chicken breast, you can double the recipe but increase mustard only a small amount.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 -2 tablespoon Dijon mustard (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cook and stir shrimp, garlic and chili flakes in butter in a large skillet over medium heat, until shrimp are pink and cooked.
- Blend mustard, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper, add to shrimp mixture; heat thoroughly.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese if desired.
- Serve with white rice or cooked pasta.
From: nanajuli This was wonderful! My family loves the taste of dijon mustard, so I knew it would be a hit! I used half butter and half olive oil, I also increased the red pepper flakes. Yummy and easy!!
Delicious and so fast to prepare. (The only snag was my cat feasting on the shrimp as it thawed on the counter.) We all enjoyed the light yet filling dish! The Dijon and red pepper flakes bring out the lemon. I didn't find it mustardy at all. The rice was perfectly flavoured by the sauce. I'm only sad that I forgot to add the parsley! I had made a special trip to the grocery store to pick it up!
I just made this for dinner, it came together so easily. I used chicken cuz i didn't have any shrimp, and not as much parsley because all i had on me was dried. I'm really pleased with how it turned out, and can't wait to try it again as intended.